We had nine creative entries for the Freestyle Flip Upcycle Challenge. In contrast to the Earth Day Upcycle Challenge where people gave a chair some flair, this "freestyle" competition was different. Participants didn't have any limitations or material restrictions. And as you can see from all of the entries posted on Facebook, there was a variety of projects, big and small.
Everyone was invited to vote in store and online through Facebook. A "like" on an individual photo was considered a vote, and the votes are in! Below are your top three winners:
and winner of a 10% discount ReStore card, valid for one year.
and winner of a 20% discount ReStore card, valid for one year.
and winner of a 35% discount ReStore card, valid for one year.
- Some of the winning projects, along with some honorable mentions, will be featured on a DIY Friday segment on WCCO.
- Winners will be contacted by ReStore staff and will be awarded their discount cards within a few weeks.
- ReStore staff will also contact anyone who requested they have their project returned.
- Many of the projects have been donated and will be sold to support affordable homeownership through Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity.
Share your ideas:
- Do you like ReStore upcycle challenges? Comment below.
- If we host another upcycle challenge, should there be a theme? Share your ideas by adding a comment below.
Congratulations to all who participated and our top three winners!