Join us for the Freestyle Flip Upcycle Challenge here at ReStore! Our first upcycle challenge last Earth Day was such a hit, we've decided to do it again. We're inviting up to 50 challengers to bring their skills and creativity to upcycle common items or materials found at ReStore. This time, we're not limiting you by giving you a chair to transform. You've got more freedom to create anything you want!
Scroll down to get into the details about signing up and rules for the challenge. And if you need a little inspiration to get you thinking, check out HGTV or shows like Flea Market flip and Salvage Dawgs. ReStore isn't a flea market nor a salvage organization, but they'll provide you with a new way of thinking about ordinary objects. Visit our stores in person to see what speaks to YOU!
What is the challenge?
1. Sign up in store - $20 deposit
- You'll get your deposit back when you bring your project back. We will eventually sell items to support Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity's mission.
- If you want your project back after the competition is over, we will keep the deposit.
- If you don’t return your project, we will keep your deposit.
2. We’ll let you take home $50 worth of items or materials to get you started on your project
(You may spend more of your own money if you wish)
3. Get to work upcycling!
4. Return your upcyled creation to our Minneapolis location for judging
Deadline for sign up.
September 5 (6 pm)
Entries due. Drop off at Minneapolis ReStore.
(You may drop off items sooner)
Watch for a Facebook post... A “like” counts as a vote, so share it with friends and family!
(You may also vote in-store)
Winners announced on the ReStore blog and Facebook.
- First place winner will receive a card for 35% off their ReStore purchases, valid for an entire year. The winning creation will also be featured on a DIY Friday segment on WCCO (if it can easily be transported).
- Second place winner will receive a card for 20% off their ReStore purchases, valid for an entire year.
- Third place winner will receive a card for 10% off their ReStore purchases, card valid for an entire year.
- All entries will receive a full ReStore punch card (worth $10 off your next purchase).
- Employees are unable to win above prizes, but best employee entry will win Habitat SWAG.
- One entry per person. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Participants must sign up for the competition at the register at either ReStore location and provide, name, email, and phone number by 6 pm on August 24, 2019.
- Participants must abide by all deadlines and tasks listed above, or their entry may be excluded from the voting and prizes awarded during the competition.
- Entries or projects in the competition are property of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity ReStore unless you select to keep your project after the contest is complete option during sign up.
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity staff may participate, but are excluded from winning prizes. One employee entry will receive Habitat SWAG.
- Winners who receive a discount card will be the sole user. Discount cards may not be transferred or used by other individuals.
- We'll provide upcycle challenge updates and reminders on our Facebook page.
- You'll also want to subscribe to our blog so you're the first to see who wins and to hear more ReStore news and updates.
Good luck and have some flipping fun!