***We're temporarily closing ReStore and realize this will effect build time for our upcyclers. The upcycle challenge is postponed. Read our Coronavirus Response page for updates***
We're happy to announce that Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity ReStore is hosting its 3rd Upcycle Challenge! The challenge theme was created around a common problem we all face at one point or another. How do we store and organize our stuff?
Between March 6-28 (2020), you can sign up or learn more about the Storage Solutions Upcycle Challenge by visiting one of our locations. Challengers will transform, upcycle, build, and create solutions to help get organized. Cubbies, cabinets, shelves, hooks, boxes, or any other creative solutions are all fair game. Think about a mess you might have at home, then make a solution!
One of the best parts of our Upcycle Challenges are the fantastic prizes!
- First place winner will receive a card for 35% off their ReStore purchases, valid for an entire year. The winning creation will also be featured on a DIY Friday segment on WCCO.
- Second place winner will receive a card for 20% off their ReStore purchases, valid for an entire year.
- Third place winner will receive a card for 10% off their ReStore purchases, card valid for an entire year.
- All entries will receive a full ReStore punch card (worth $10 off your next purchase).
- Employees are unable to win above prizes, but best employee entry will win Habitat SWAG.
Timing and other details
There is a $20 entry fee when you sign up for the challenge, but we'll provide you with $50 worth of materials or items from our store to help you get started. Challengers often fall in love with their projects, so If you want your project back after the competition is over, we will keep the entry fee. Enjoy your awesome creation! If you don’t return your project for whatever reason, we will keep your fee. It becomes a donation to Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity. If you don't want your completed project back after the competition, we can give you back the entry fee. We will sell it and the proceeds help support the Twin Cities Habitat mission.
- March 6 - March 28: Challengers can pick up materials and join the challenge at either location
- April 11: Return finished project to either location
- April 15 - April 21: Vote for the best project!
- April 22 [Earth Day]: We'll announce the winners on Facebook and our blog
We let YOU decide which is the best project! We will share all entries on our Facebook page, and "likes" on individual photos become votes. Between April 15-21, you can also view and vote for the best project at our Minneapolis location.
- One entry per person. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Participants must sign up for the competition at the register at either ReStore location and provide, name, email, and phone number by 4 pm on March 28, 2020.
- Participants must abide by all deadlines and tasks listed above, or their entry may be excluded from the voting and prizes awarded during the competition.
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity staff may participate, but are excluded from winning prizes. Don't worry, we'll still give you bragging rights!
- Winners who receive a discount card will be the sole user. Discount cards may not be transferred or used by other individuals.
- We'll provide upcycle challenge updates and reminders on our Facebook page.
- You'll also want to subscribe to our blog so you're the first to see who wins and to hear more ReStore news and updates.