You can transform a discarded glass lamp shade and copper tubing into a fun and colorful glass flower for your garden. Just follow the instructions for Twin Cities Habitat ReStore's Jan Hagerman in this edition of Restoration Corner.
What you need:
- Copper pipe
- Copper tubing
- Glass lamp shade
What you do:
- Cut the piece of pipe the length you want.
- Drill a hole for the tubing and run it through.
- Take the glass light fixture and scribble on it with a Sharpie.
- When you spray rubbing alcohol on it, the ink will bleed. If you don't like the way it turns out, just rub it off and start over again.
- Once it's dry, spray with polyurethane as a sealant.
- Wrap the copper tubing around the lamp fixture until you have the shape you desire.
For more ideas, stop into the ReStore or visit our website.