In honor of Earth Day coming up next month, and ReStore outlets commitment to recycling and reusing items, we're hosting our first-ever Earth Day Upcycle Challenge at our stores—and we want YOU to join in!
What is the challenge?
For our first challenge, we're asking participants to upcycle a chair into something unique with a special purpose, or give it new life with some creativity and a little elbow grease. It’s up to you.
Anyone can join the Earth Day Upcycle Challenge by visiting a Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity ReStore location by March 30, 2019 to pick up chair. Just sign-up at the register, pick-up a chair, and get to work "ReStoring!"
Entries must be completed and dropped off at our New Brighton location by 4 pm on April 16, 2019. The upcycled chair entries will then be displayed in-store and on our Facebook page, and will be voted on by ReStore shoppers and Facebook followers. The chair with the most votes will receive first place, and will be featured on a segment on WCCO with Jan and the DIY Friday team! (Full challenge rules are outlined below.)
Pick up a chair at the Minneapolis or New Brighton ReStore before this date
Deadline for submitting finished work
(drop off your entry at the New Brighton location by 4 pm)
Voting begins! Cast your vote with a "Like" on Facebook (watch for a post on April 18) or submit your vote in-person at a ReStore location. Submissions will be on display at the New Brighton store, and photos will be on display at the Minneapolis location.
- First place winner will receive a card for 35% off their ReStore purchases, valid for an entire year. The winning creation/chair will also be featured on a DIY Friday segment on WCCO.
- Second place winner will receive a card for 20% off their ReStore purchases, valid for an entire year.
- Third place winner will receive a card for 10% off their ReStore purchases, card valid for an entire year.
- One entry per person. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Participants must sign up for the competition at the register at either ReStore location and provide, name, email, and phone number by 4 pm on March 30, 2019.
- Participants must abide by all deadlines and tasks listed above, or their entry may be excluded from the voting and prizes awarded during the competition.
- Chairs used in the competition are property of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity ReStore. If you take a chair and don't submit it during the competition, you must pay for the chair.
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity staff may participate, but are excluded from winning prizes. Don't worry, we'll still give you bragging rights!
- Winners who receive a discount card will be the sole user. Discount cards may not be transferred or used by other individuals.